November 11, 2013
The EAM gladly recommends The enemy within us, teaching lessons from the 2011 European E. coli outbreak and The synergies of microorganisms enlightened, convergent approaches to delineating coinfections.
December 22, 2011
The EAM hosted a meeting on Co-infections in June 2012. The following topics have been discussed in the two-day meeting (June 7-8, 2012):
- Significance of co-infections – Epidemiology
- Complex microbial communities and gene and signal exchanges
- Bacterial/viral symbionts of bacteria – Co-infections with parasites
- Virus-bacterial interactions: Viral modulation of the immune response to bacteria
- Microbiota in infections & Susceptibility to infections
Please click here for the program outline.
June 20, 2011
The EAM, along with EMF, hosted a Keynote Lecture and Roundtable Discussion on “Emerging Diseases — Pandemics, Drug Resistance and Vaccines” on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at the FEMS Congress in Geneva, Switzerland. The event was held at 17:15 – 19:15 p.m. in Hall B.
March 4, 2011: EAM website goes live
The website of the European Academy of Microbiology went live on March 4, 2011. With the website, EAM intends to update its members and other interested souls about its activities, vision and mission, online.
June 29, 2009: EAM launched
The European Academy of Microbiology was launched on June 29, 2009 in Gothenburg, Sweden during the 3rd FEMS Congress for Microbiologists. Below are some of the news items that came out in different websites focusing on the inauguration.
Small Things Considered